Is it all over?
It is sometimes difficult to know if your relationship has just hit a rough patch or, from experience, the signs suggest it is all over.
There are various approaches and different signs but the common ones are:
- Failing to communicate
- Hardly any or no sexual relationship
- You pick fights and everything your partner does annoys you
- You avoid future plans
- Lost interest in your partner
- Lack of verbal or physical affection
- You are happier alone rather than with your partner
- You think about breaking up and ending the relationship
- You are bored spending time together and prefer not to
- You don’t care or respect your partner anymore
Deciding to break up is a very personal and difficult decision and once it is made you embark on a long process. As solicitors, we only get involved after you reach this decision and decided that the relationship has, in legal terms, irretrievably broken down.
If most of the signs above sound familiar or if you reached the decision then we can help in bringing the relationship to an end in terms of separation, financial agreements and arrangements over children that best suits your and your children’s needs.