Conveyancing Residential purchase of Freehold Costs
Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the purchase of your new home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty) if the property is in England, or Land Transaction Tax (Land Tax) if the property you wish to buy is in Wales.
Conveyancer's fees and disbursements
- Legal fee £350 - £1200 + VAT depending on the value of the property
- Search fees £250
- HM Land Registry fee £40 to £900
- Electronic money transfer fee £30 + VAT
- VAT payable – VAT is payable on some of the above
- Subtotal could be £1280 + VAT This is for example purposes only
Referral fee (if any) –There may be a referral fee if your transaction has been referred to us by an organisation with whom we have that relationship
- Amount of referral fee paid would be between £50 - £250 + VAT
- Recipient of referral fee - a range of suppliers including estate agents, conveyancing networks
- Estimated total: £1455 + VAT This is for example purposes only
Disbursements are costs related your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
This depends on the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using HMRC's website or if the property is located in Wales by using the Welsh Revenue Authority's website.
Estimated total of Stamp Duty on a property purchased at £450,000 when you are not a first time buyer and the property is in England would be £12,500 This is for example purposes only
Those carrying out fee earning can be found on the Residential Property page.